WINTER RECREATION NEAR TAMARACK RESORT
The McCall area has 2 (and 1/2) ski resorts, miles of terrain and some of the best powder on earth.
The unique combination of mountains, valleys and lakes in the McCall and Tamarack Resort areas creates exactly the right conditions for light, fluffy powder and plenty of it. Everyone here gets involved in winter sports including downhill skiing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ice skating and building snow sculptures at winter carnival.
Summit Elevation 7,700′
Base Elevation 4,900′
Vertical Drop 2,800′
Lift Accessible Terrain 900 Acres
Number of Lifts 6
Number of Runs 39
- Alpine, nordic and backcountry skiing, and snowshoeing
- East-facing slope, minimum wind, maximum snow retention
- Diverse terrain including glades, steeps, cornices, and cruisers
- 39 runs and 6 lifts, including 2 high-speed quads
Brundage Mountain is only 8 miles northwest of McCall. Brundage installed two new chairlifts and added 160 acres of terrain in 2007.
Located high in the mountains of Central Idaho, Brundage Mountain is an Idaho Ski Resort best known for its powder-packed glades and luxuriously wide groomed runs. Blessed with over 320 base area inches of snowfall annually, Brundage has an undisputed reputation for the Best Snow in Idaho™.
Brundage Mountain Ski Resort
PO Box 1062
McCall, ID 83638
- Elevation at top: 7,640 feet
- Vertical drop: 1,800 feet
- Lift-served Terrain: 1,500 acres
- Backcountry SnoCat Terrain: 19,000 acres
- Average annual snowfall: 320 inches
- Longest run: Temptation (2+ miles)
Built in 1937 as a winter diversion for local forest workers, the Little Ski Hill has served the region’s youth and skiing community for over 65 years. Located two miles north of McCall, Idaho on highway 55, this small but action-packed facility has an alpine hill served by a T-bar providing 405 vertical feet of terrain which is the only lit ski and snowboard hill in the area. Plus 30 kilometers of groomed cross-country ski trails located at our new facility Little Bear Basin.
Payette Lakes Ski Club
3635 Highway 55
P.O. Box 442
McCall, Idaho 83638